Saturday 20 August 2016

Grand Tour of the North Day 27 Hard Rock Cafe

Sadly it's my last day in Glasgow & nearly the end of my Grand Tour of the North. Tomorrow I leave for Manchester for one night before heading back to Nottingham. I've had a wonderful time travelling around Scotland.
After breakfast I headed of through Kelvingrove Park to catch the tube into the city.  I could here drums..... a lot of drums coming from the park. There was twenty-five of them.  Also there was a Charity run taking place & while I was filming participants were running in front of, so it added to it "running to the beat of the drum"
After ten minutes film I made my way to Kelvingrove tube station & into the city, so far the rain held off.  A got off at St Enoch which was the closest to Central Station. To my surprise if I got the Transpennine Train I could travel First Class for less than Virgin Trains.... No brainer...
On leaving the station it started to drizzle with rain, so I popped into the Gallery for New Art.... I noticed Wellington was still wearing his cone on his head. In all the galleries I have visited I saw postcards with Wellington with a orange cone on his head... This gallery had gone one better POSTERS
By I had finished looking round the Gallery, I was ready to eat & having spotted HARD ROCK CAFE I miss going in the one where I live, sadly it's gone.  So I got sat down, music rocking away screens all around & great atmosphere rock memorabilia covering the walls Guitars hanging up & Artists clothing displayed.
Ordered food... Norwegian Salmon + veg & coffee.  absolutely wonderful. They were starting to get busy with customers, so it was time to leave... Having paid the bill of course
While walking up the stairs I noticed a display, it was Angus Young's guitar & his stage gear school blazer short trousers & a photograph wearing the clothes & playing the guitar displayed. John Phillips ( my late partner)  was at one time sound & lighting engineer & had toured with the band AC/DC & became good friends with Angus.  after the tour had finished John was given the tie he worn on stage during the tour....I have that tie...maroon / white stripe. The one on display was similar colour but different pattern.
It was great to see it John had fond memories of that time working with them & bands like Supertramp,  Ian Gillan,  Deep Purple & many others
It would have been lovely for him to have been there.... Or maybe he was....
ROCK ON JOHN!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment