Thursday 11 August 2016

Grand Tour of the North Day 18 The charm of Inverness

On my last day here in Inverness I want to reacquaint myself with my favourite city. I have visited this place so many times at different times of the year.
I love it's charm, it's not huge city, just right & people are so friendly here.
The architecture is interesting too. The river walk is a must & the view from the castle is amazing, best appreciated on a sunny day. You can see far into the distance & see the landscape beyond which surrounds the city.... I loved it here.
I spoke to an elderly lady on the bridge on my first visit & we were talking & she said I was very "canny"  travelling on my own. I replied I loved travelling & seeing places I've only seen on a map or in photos & I wanted to visit these places myself. She replied in her lovely Scottish voice " I'm 90 & I've never been away from this place.... I never felt the need to travel,  why would I want to go anywhere else... The beauty is here in Inverness.























I see that beauty too.

No comments:

Post a Comment