Friday 12 August 2016

Grand Tour of the North Day 19 Inverness to Pitlochry

It was my last day in Inverness & it was a fine morning & I had a chance to had a last look around. I left my suitcase at the left luggage lockers at the station. I had a couple of hours before the train departed.
I had a stroll along the river, crossing on one footbridge & crossing back over the other further down & headed back up towards the castle to my favourite view.
That is something special I thought, it's why I come to Inverness.
I had enough time to have a quick drink of tea at Charlies Cafe before heading round the corner to the station. The train was in 10 minutes before departure.
I headed down the platform looking for coach B I had a reserve seat. To my disbelief the door way was blocked with a pile of large suitcases 3 high, couldn't believe it. At first he refused to move them until the station staff came down & spoke to him... He was Spanish I think & said he didn't understand until his suitcases were being removed by the station staff.
The train was packed & I struggled to my seat, nowhere for my case. Finally after a short delay we departed.
Not having a window I couldn't get many photos as I pasted the wonderful scenery. The Highlands are beautiful & are best seen from a window seat. One of the stations we stopped at was Aviemore & the Strathspey railway.
When the train arrived at Blair Atholl, I knew it wouldn't be long before I was getting off... Next stop Pitlochry & it couldn't come soon enough. I hate cramped trains & this train was going to Edinburgh.
" we are now approaching Pitlochry "
Music to my ears as the saying goes. I managed to fight my way to the door lift my case up high over all the others. As the doors open, a nice gentleman offered to help me. I was so relieved to be standing on that platform.
I had arrived at Pitlochry.
















No comments:

Post a Comment