Saturday 30 July 2016

Grand Tour of the North Day 6

Today my friend came up to visit me from Nottingham & over night at the YHA, his first time in a hostel.. So something new.
After spending a couple hours in the city it was time for my friend to book in at the hostel. After that I suggest we spend the evening in Leith away from the city centre of Edinburgh, more of a relaxing atmosphere.
We went to The Shore pub a lovely pub facing the harbour. This was my third visit & will miss coming down here when I leave tomorrow.
We decided to eat there too, both of us had Fish of the day dish & the fish was Trout with spaghetti & vegetables,  very nice indeed.
Couple of pints each of Bitter & Twisted went down equally well.
Afterwards we caught the bus back to the hostel,  only 10 minutes from the harbour.
Tomorrow we both leave the hostel, but  there will be plenty of time to continue exploring Edinburgh before going our separate ways,  David back home to Nottingham & I'm off to Stirling on my continuing Grand Tour of the North.




No comments:

Post a Comment