Wednesday 27 July 2016

Grand Tour of the North Day 3 (blog 2)Spittal Beach

Spittal Beach....Tweedmouth is a most spectacular beach it took my breath away as I didn't know what to expect. I hadn't planned to go there I was only going over the bridge to the westside get a different perspective of the town, but  I decided to explore a bit further reaching a small unassuming beach where groups of teenagers were enjoying themselves. 

I removed my sandals & decided to carry on walking, spotting the Pier & thinking of a photo opportunity not to be missed. Climbing a sandy mound I saw a beach stretching out into the distance & thought how beautiful Full of people having fun a child shouted out "Look out for the jellyfish & crabs " There was jellyfish right in front of me,  bright blue in  colour. I saw a few crabs waiting for the tide to rush in & sweep them out to sea. I walked along the contour of the shoreline, tide rushing in over my feet reaching a rocky outcrop which was acting as a breaker disappointingly I couldn't go any further. 

So I headed back towards the promenade having left my footprints in the sand it was time for a cup of tea before heading back to Berwick town leaving Spittal Beach behind me. 

I returned the way I had come & crossing the bridge back into town I spotted a seal in the Tweed....awesome to see & fitting end to my stay in Berwick upon tweed 

I will return...... 


No comments:

Post a Comment